Location: Naval Submarine Base – Kings Bay, GA
Job Open Date: November 25, 2022
Scope: The MAINTENANCE MECHANICS will be certified or have equal experience to perform maintenance, i.e., towing and repair on the AFVs used at SUBASE Kings Bay. Perform all preventative automotive maintenance and repairs and shall have experience in wiring, electronics, automotive mechanical repairs, welding, and machine shop fundamentals. Maintenance Mechanics must hold a current certification or documentation of equivalent industry experience to perform maintenance on installed engines within each vehicle. Diesel experience is a plus.
Responsible for documentation of maintenance mechanic certification activities at all time of the contract. Possess current state issued driver’s license. License is required for operation of the AFVs on base by the Contractor. Adhere to specific precautions for operation of AFVs. Must have sufficient experience to operate the AFVs. Perform additional duties of assisting with Supply/Logistics or ordering and receiving of parts.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have experience in wiring, electronics, automotive mechanical repairs, welding, and machine shop fundamentals.
- Must hold a current certification or documentation of equivalent industry experience to perform maintenance on installed engines within each vehicle.
- Must be able to speak fluent English.
- Possess a valid driving license
- Must obtain a favorable trustworthy determination
- Pass Pre-employment drug testing
- Must be Flexible
Able to respond to certain after-hours work (additional workload, natural disasters, military peacetime and wartime contingency operations/exercises, serious accidents, civil disturbances, major mobilization, or repatriation of non-combatants) may necessitate the Contractor be flexible in arranging different levels of support which may include overtime work.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- Work is normally performed in office, garage, outside and warehouse environments. Completely understand and be physically capable of performing all aspects of the mission.
- Must be capable of working in an outside environment, exposed to heat, dust, inclement weather, primarily standing on hard surfaces for up to 8 hours in a workday.
- Frequent, bending, turning, or moving hands, arms, feet, and legs to operate hand and foot controls while driving, raising, lowering, and tilting forklift trucks.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- 10 Paid Federal Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick
- Health & Welfare (H&W)
- Medical Stipend
- Jury duty
- Military leave